We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our Customer Engagement Center phone number 833-862-3935.
If you need assistance, please use the chat button or email us using the form here.

How do I reconcile my premium tax credit?

If you had a health plan last year and used advanced payments of the premium tax credit (APTC) to lower your monthly payment, you’ll have to “reconcile” when you file your federal taxes. This means you’ll compare 2 figures:

  • The amount of premium tax credit (PTC) you used in advance during the year.
  • The premium tax credit you actually qualify for based on your final income for the year.

Any difference between the two figures will affect your refund or tax owed.

Follow these steps to reconcile:

  1. Get your Form 1095-A from BeWell
  2. Print Form 8962 and instructions
  3. Use the information from Form 1095-A to fill out Part II of Form 8962

Helpful Articles


Where Do I Start?

Browse and Compare
Insurance Plans

Before you apply for coverage, you can see the health and/or dental insurance plans available and the estimated cost you will pay plus any subsidies you may qualify for to reduce the cost.

Schedule an Appointment

with a Certified Assister
or Enrollment Counselor

Certified assisters and enrollment counselors can help you understand your options and enroll in a health insurance plan. Their help is free!

Your Application

When you’re ready to enroll, you can apply online in about an hour. You can also save your application and come back to it, so you can go at your own pace. Create your BeWell log in to get started.