We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our Customer Engagement Center phone number 833-862-3935.
If you need assistance, please use the chat button or email us using the form here.

I am married, and I got a tax credit, but I file separately from my spouse. Can I still file separately?

Generally, you must file jointly to obtain a tax credit. There are two exceptions recognized by the IRS. If you are a victim of domestic violence or spousal abandonment, you may be eligible to file separately. To answer the question based on your specific circumstances, please talk to the IRS or your tax preparer.

Helpful Articles


Where Do I Start?

Browse and Compare
Insurance Plans

Before you apply for coverage, you can see the health and/or dental insurance plans available and the estimated cost you will pay plus any subsidies you may qualify for to reduce the cost.

Schedule an Appointment

with a Certified Assister
or Enrollment Counselor

Certified assisters and enrollment counselors can help you understand your options and enroll in a health insurance plan. Their help is free!

Your Application

When you’re ready to enroll, you can apply online in about an hour. You can also save your application and come back to it, so you can go at your own pace. Create your BeWell log in to get started.