Health Insurance 101: How to Enroll With beWellnm
Don’t have health insurance? Let’s get you covered with beWellnm.
No one plans to get sick or hurt. When emergencies happen, health insurance helps pay for hospital stays and medicine. When you are well, insurance covers doctor visits to help you stay healthy.
Health insurance is easy with beWellnm—and it may not cost you a dime! With beWellnm, 50% of eligible New Mexicans pay $50 or less per month for high-quality health plans. You might be eligible for no-cost or low-cost health coverage if you:
- Live in New Mexico
- Can’t get health insurance at work
- Are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid
Your beWellnm plan does not replace Indian Health Service or Tribal Health Care Centers. Our plans give you more options if you need more or different care.
Ready to get health insurance? It’s easy to get started. Gather a bit of information about your tax household, then follow our step-by-step guide to create your account. If you need help, our enrollment experts are just a call or click away. Get no-cost help to set up your account.
Information You Need to Enroll
Gather this information for everyone in your household who will be on your beWellnm plan. You will use the details to fill out your enrollment forms. Download this list [PDF].
Family and Health Details
- Full names
- Dates of births
- Home and mailing address
- Immigration documents, if any
- Current doctors’ names, specialties and locations
- List of prescription medications and dosages
Work and Tax Details
- Employer names
- Tax filing status, such as single or filing jointly
- List of dependents
- Copies of recently filed taxes
- Self-employment forms, such as your 1040 SE or a signed and dated profit/loss statement (year-to-date)
- Name and phone number of broker, agent or enrollment counselor helping you enroll in beWellnm
Now that you have collected your information, it’s time to create your beWellnm ID.
How to Enroll in beWellnm
Step 1: Create a beWellnm ID
- Go to https://getcovered.bewellnm.com/individual/
- Click “Create an Account” in the Sign In box
- Click “Create a beWellnm ID”
- Enter all fields and enter your email address (that will be your username)
- Create a password
- If you agree with the policies, click “I Agree”
- Verify your email address
Congratulations! Your beWellnm ID is now active.
Step 2: Start Your Application
Choose one of these options:
- Access account with invitation code: Validate invitation code and click “Next”
- Create an account: Fill in the form and click “Create Profile”
Step 3: Find the Best Plan for Your Family
Health insurance plans, coverage and prices may change each year. Look at several plans before you choose one for your family. Try our no-cost online tool to help find the best plan for your family. Use the Shop and Compare Plans tool
Every beWellnm plan covers these 10 essential health benefits:
- Children’s dental and eye care
- Emergency care
- Hospital stays
- Laboratory services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use services
- Outpatient care
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Well-check visits
Benefits for Native Americans
You can get help to cover medical charges that insurance doesn’t cover. Cost-sharing plans can take what you pay for premiums, copays or deductibles down to zero!
Key Benefits for You
- Enroll any time, year-round.
- You can use beWellnm inside and outside the IHS and Tribal Health Center service area.
- And you can still see your IHS and Tribal Health Center providers!
Who Can Enroll Right Now?
Thousands of New Mexicans can enroll in beWellnm today! If you meet any of these criteria, you may be eligible to enroll.
Did You Have a Big Life Event?
Open enrollment is November 1 through January 15 each year. But you may be eligible to enroll today if you have a qualifying life event, such as if you:
- Adopted a child
- Had a baby
- Became a U.S. citizen
- Gained lawful presence in the U.S.
- Became an Indian tribe member
- Got married or divorced
- Lost your Medicaid coverage
- Lost your health insurance
- Moved to New Mexico
- Turned 26 years old
Does Your Income Qualify?
You can enroll today if your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL) and you are not eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
Examples of 200% of the FPL in 2023 include:
- Single person making less than $2,430 a month ($29,160 a year)
- Family of 5 making less than $5,857 a month ($70,284 a year)
Working on your 2023 taxes? Check the “Easy Enrollment” box on your state income tax form to see if you qualify for low-cost or no-cost health care coverage through beWellnm or Medicaid.
BeWellnm is the only place in New Mexico where you can get no-cost local help and access to low-cost or no-cost insurance. Have questions? Call 833-862-3935 to talk with a beWellnm enrollment adviser. Need a hand? Get no-cost help to set up your account.
Where do I begin?
With more than 56,000 uninsured New Mexicans who qualify for significant premium reductions, you may be one of them. Having the security of health insurance coverage may be more affordable than you think.