2022 SLCSP Calculator
The SLCSP is the second-lowest priced beWellnm health insurance plan in the silver category that applies to you. You need to know your SLCSP premium to figure out the final premium tax credit your tax household qualifies for.
Part III, column B of your 1095-A, titled “Monthly second lowest cost silver plan (SLCSP) premium,” should show figures for each month any household member enrolled in a health plan through beWellnm. In some cases, the second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) amount may not included on your Form 1095-A. Use our tax tool below to get the premium for your SLCSP.
- Step 1: Enter the ZIP code of where you live.
- Step 2: Enter the date your health plan enrollment started.
- Step 3: Select “Add Member” and enter the first household member’s date of birth. Select “Add Member” until all household members who had coverage in your tax household have been added.
- Step 4: Select “Calculate Total.” This is the total SLCSP amount that should be used for each month that you and your household were enrolled in the health plan with the Enrollment Date you entered in Step 2.
Tips & Tricks
- If you moved during the year, you may need to use different ZIP codes for different months.
- Use the ZIP code of your residential address, not your mailing address, if they are different.
- If you were enrolled in more than one health plan during the year, you will need to select the Enrollment Date based on the time your enrollment started in each plan.
- If you have more than one tax household on your account, you will need to do a separate tax calculation for each tax household.
- If you entered a household member you did not mean to enter, select “Remove” below their date of birth.
- If you were enrolled in multiple plans during the coverage year, be sure to do calculations by plan enrollment.
- If you change the data you entered at the top of the calculator, be sure to select “Calculate Total” again to adjust the total based on the new data.
If you received multiple Form 1095-As:
If you received multiple Form 1095-As due to having multiple subscribers on your account or because your household members were enrolled in multiple plans, be sure to calculate the SLCSP based on the household members’ information listed on each Form 1095-A. You may still end up adding these amounts together when filling out Form 8962.
- Example: If you have a household of four, and the parents choose not to enroll in coverage, the household will receive two Form 1095-As (one for each child). Use the calculator above for Child 1 to get a SLCSP for that child’s Form 1095-A, then use the calculator for Child 2 to get a SLCSP for that child’s Form 1095-A.