Need to renew? Know what to do
If you have a health plan through the Marketplace with coverage for the current year, your health plan will be up for renewal during open enrollment starting Nov. 1, 2018.
Log in to your Marketplace account:
You can review your current benefits and confirm if you’re eligible for a premium subsidy in 2018. You can find out if your plan is being offered in 2018 and compare other plan options. Healthcare.gov/have-coverage
Dec. 15 deadline:
You need to confirm your choice by Dec. 15, 2017 for 2018 coverage.
If you have questions, get free help from a broker/agent or enrollment counselor
. They can help you review your current plan to help you identify changes and next steps.
Want to keep your plan?
If your income or household size changed
- If you want to keep your current plan, ask yourself:
- Am I happy with my current plan and is it meeting my needs?
- Is my household income the same as last year?
- Is my household size (number of family members covered) the same as last year?
- Watch for information from your insurance carrier. You’ll receive a notice with your new premium amount and benefits for 2018.
- Check out your new plan information to make sure the plan still meets your needs. You may want to call or visit the plan’s website to find out if your doctor is in the plan network. Also check to see if any prescriptions you take will be covered.
- Select your plan by Dec. 15, 2017, and make your first payment for coverage starting Jan. 1, 2018.
, you need to report those changes when you log into your Marketplace account. Learn more at HealthCare.gov/reporting-changes/
. That way you’ll get the right premium subsidy amount to help you pay for your health plan.
You’ll be automatically renewed in the closest available plan for 2018 if you don’t log into your Marketplace account to choose a new plan. You’ll need to make your first payment before your coverage starts Jan. 1.
Want to change your plan?
It’s easy to choose a new health plan for next year. You can choose a health plan offered by the same insurance carrier (if available), or you can choose a health plan from a different insurance carrier.
Log in to your account at HealthCare.gov
to get started. Follow the steps to enroll in a different plan for 2018.
Contact beWellnm with questions
We’re here to make sure you understand your options for health insurance. Call toll-free at