Need to renew? Know what to do
If you have a health plan through the Marketplace with coverage for the current year, your health plan will be up for renewal during open enrollment, which starts on November 1.
Here's what to do:
Deadline is December 15:
- Log into your Healthcare.gov/have-coverage account.
- Review your current benefits. Questions to think about might include:
- Am I happy with my current plan? Is it meeting my needs?
- Is my household income the same as last year, and will this affect the amount of coverage I need or the size of the premium subsidy I may be eligible for?
- Is my household size (number of family members covered) the same as last year? You can report changes like this here any time of the year.
- Find out if your plan is being offered next year.
- Compare other plan options. More information here.
- See if you're eligible for a premium in the coming year.
You need to confirm your choice by Dec. 15. Renewed coverage begins January 1.
- Talk to a broker/agent or enrollment counselor. They can help you review your current and work through any changes you'd like to make.
- Call us. We're here to make sure you understand your options for health insurance. Call toll-free at 1-833-ToBeWell (1-833-862-3935) or contact us via the chat service.